- Try a new game system – I did find Swashbuckler’s of the 7 skies interesting. I haven’t seen anything on the game, yet I have a desire to play a Lightening Pirate. If I can convince the group to play, I just may be able to pull off…. arrhhggg.
- Read Graham Walmsley’s awesome book Play Unsafe - I will have to give this a gander.
- Play a couple of one-shot RPGs - I don’t care for short one-shot games, things have a tendency to go off the deep end. I’m willing to give it a try… I just need to find the right one.
- Go play at a convention – Will have to try this out. Now what convention to go to…
- Read a book on psychology, science, or history – picking up any book and reading it would be a good goal for me. I have so many books I will never be able to read (I’m a slow reader) that I’ll shoot for reading something not job related.
- Pull out a RPG you haven’t played in a while and play it – I would have to agree with the Dallas Wizard and say this would be either Star Frontiers or Star Drive. These two setting never got the chance they deserved. Since I own all the books for each game, it wouldn’t be to hard to get a game going.
- Buy something from a local game store – This will be something of a stretch for me, money is tight these days and I try to get the most for my money. There’s also few things I buy retail anymore, preferring to get my items used to save on cost. I would have to expound on this and say “Buy something from a local game store at least once per quarter.”
- GM a game & play in a game – I don’t really have too much issue with, although I am in the stage to prefer being a player, I end up in the game master’s seat a lot.
Monday, January 4, 2010
New Year’s Resolutions for the Role Playing Gamer
I recently cam across an article discussing New Year’s Resolutions for the Role Playing Gamer, I decided that I would try my hand and see if I could hold true to my gamers word.
Posted by Vinsane at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment